MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the way Admin Urls work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If this could be changed in 2.0 I would be so grateful. It's a pain in the lime right now to setup MyBB boards on Hostgator due to their mod_security rules killing the admincp.
I second this request. Had the same problem.
Can you clarify? Curious.
forum/admin/index.php?module=home/preferences

The way MyBB urls work in the admin area, they add a / in the url which mod_security doesn't like. The entire admin area doesn't work unless you whitelist the domain in mod_security.

Which defeats the purpose of having mod_security.
It works fine for me....:s
MyBB does not work on HostGator without putting a support ticket in for every single domain you want to use MyBB on so they can whitelist it.
What exactly causes the problems? The '/'?
Correct.
2.0 is currently in planning, so anything is possible! I'll move this to the suggestions area.

Hostgator do have strict mod_security on their shared plans, this is simply their own security and the issue is well documented throughout this forum (and probably more on the interweb).

Because of their awesome customer service, I normally have each request done in around 10 minutes or so - even shorter if I talk to them through their live support service. It's not that much of a pain to resolve...
It's not a pain but it saves on support issues here as HostGator is one of the most popular shared hosts in the world.

I know when I first started using MyBB I went a few days here with a thread that no one could figure out until I gave someone FTP info. Then only did they let me know it was a mod_security problem.
Pages: 1 2 3