MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Steven's Direct Plugin Manager v1.6 Scrapped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would suggest to ask a small amount at first, even if this plugin is really magnificent in its coding standars, yet chargin for only one is something not good,

At first, I uploaded 30+ Plugins, 45 MyCodes, and then show the forum for you to download and pay for some plugins and mycodes,

This plugins, (DPU v1.4) is really an enhanced capacity in its own coding, as froustuze said, If you make a some parts editeble, (Editor) then It would certainly have the rights to Buy for 2$ for single plugin...

---
Suggestion:
---
I would suggest to add some more features in this plugin. like, zip file uploader, confirmation message if it is over writtened, etc...
Currently v2 has ZIP archive upload and unzip, and single PHP file plugin delete. I'm currently writing a new block of code that allows mod authors to define what files go along with their plugins. I will never add support to delete extra files form plugins that do not contain this list. There are simply too many variables in guessing which files belong to what plugin.

I am going to rewrite the entire upload and delete code as it is a massive jumble of if/else statements and header redirects. I think I'm going to re-program it in OOP for more extensibility and flexibility. I'm thinking about adding a hook system similar to what MyBB has so authors can write plugins for it.

I'm still pondering the idea of adding a whole new module to the administration panel. Toungue

As for pricing, I think if I rewrite everything and add new features I'll sell it for $4.99USD (one time). I'm still pondering upgrade charges (v2.8 to v3 for example). If you have solid features you want to see, definitely let me know.
(2009-06-11, 12:53 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently writing a new block of code that allows mod authors to define what files go along with their plugins. I will never add support to delete extra files form plugins that do not contain this list.

Why not? It's your plugin uploading the files, so it should also take care of removing them. I doubt that mod authors will start defining lists of files for a commercial plugin anytime soon... why should I write code for something you make money with?

Anyway, those were just my suggestions, what you do with them is up to you.

Good luck.
You must have skipped over my next sentence:
Steven Wrote:There are simply too many variables in guessing which files belong to what plugin.

When I upload a ZIP archive, it is unzipped directly to the root of the forum. There is no way to provide support for deleting files from plugins which don't contain the aforementioned function on PHP4. I'm not going to deal with custom classes (besides unzipping) for something that I'm not even sure I can get right. I'd rather play it safe then accidentally delete files for other plugins or for the core MyBB system.

Also, is there any documentation on administration panel modules? I've run through the code a few times and I understand the basic stuff, but a wiki or article on it would be a real help.
Pages: 1 2