MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spacing when editing a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simply post a thread, or reply to another thread. Then edit your post with something, and select update post. It's now spaced in the top and the bottom of the post.. I don't know if it's considered a bug.. or if it is normal or whatever, it's just a little annoying.
Also happens with full edit.

I tested it here, so it happens with 1.4.6.
I think this "bug" has always been in MyBB, at least in 1.4.

EDIT: When you refresh the page, it backs to normal.
I think this has been reported before - it's a bit of a limitation in Prototype IIRC, and we can't really 'fix' it.

Edit: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-46232.html
for some reason, if the original posting text is foobar, the original HTML code <div> foobar </div> gets replaced with <div><p> foobar </p></div>, and the <p> causes the additional space to appear.

the <p> </p> is added by xmlhttp.php, where the post is echoed after editing.
		// Send our headers.
		header("Content-type: text/plain; charset={$charset}");
		echo "<p>\n";
		echo $post['message'];
		echo "</p>\n";

Removing the echo'd <p> tags?
Fixes the "problem" for me (I'd never noticed the issue if it wasn't mentioned here, but I guess it also depends on the css / theme how a <p> tag is percieved).

I'm not sure why there would be <p> tags there, could be they are required elsewhere, or were a workaround for some other browser...

I see you're already working around some other spacing issues related to IE and JavaScript / innerHTML. Works fine for me...
Nothing big, just thought would be nice to see it fixed.
This won't be fixed for any MyBB 1.4 maintenance release and I don't even consider it a bug. It doesn't mess anything up functionality-wise.
Although it might be good to 'fix' for future bug reports (for 1.6), as it is redundant to have that <p>-tag there as there is no <p>-tag in the template for postbits.
(2009-06-11, 06:42 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This won't be fixed and I don't even consider it a bug.

You should make that your signature Rolleyes

no offense Toungue