MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gone bankrupted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It all depends on the topic and the activity. Selling a site with less than 500 members about a general topic is harder to sell than a booming forum on a specific topic.

Lets face it... for every decent forum out there we can find 10 forums for "admins".
Global financial crisis arrives at mybb Sad
(2009-06-12, 12:12 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Global financial crisis arrives at mybb

not yet. once labrocca, nickman or console world goes down, then it hits.
I think it's more or less a time and effort thing.
I'm nowhere near bankrupt. My interest and time to make MyBB skins just started leaving me. Especially since it's exam month, more and more people will have less and less time.

I still have other websites (mainly proxy-related), and I'm trying to give my full undivided attention to them.
The crash of the AUD -> USD did make server costs go up sharply for me, although this doesn't affect advertising revenue, which cushioned the impact a bit (FYI, I have always been making a loss on my forum).
(2009-06-12, 01:26 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ](FYI, I have always been making a loss on my forum).

I think that's true for 99% of the people here that pay for their own hosting.
(2009-06-12, 02:07 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-12, 01:26 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ](FYI, I have always been making a loss on my forum).

I think that's true for 99% of the people here that pay for their own hosting.

pretty much. I'm almost making enough via donations and subscriptions now, though. But, I reinvest it back into activities and development, so I guess it's meaningless Sad
You gotta remember that money isn't everything. I host almost 1,000 users out of my own pocket because I enjoy helping people. As a forum owner you're probably helping out people also so the monetary gain shouldn't be a big factor in doing what you're doing. Wink
I don't mind loosing money but making it isn't bad either Toungue. And, yes helping people is the reason I make my forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4