MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Templates Filesystem in Javascript
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current method of accessing templates is by first expanding the sections and then editting but what if the filesystem that allows sections to expand and collapse is in javascript or flash form?

This would be quicker but people who need it enabled for it to work. Just putting it out there.
So basically, instead of going to a new page when clicking on "expand templates", then "expand" again, it would dynamically load in the page?
Good idea.
We were going to do this for 1.4, but it got cut because it was having some technical issues
For the small fraction of time it saves, I really dunno if it's worth the trouble.
It's only a small fraction of time if you're opening one or two. If you're trying to find something though, it saves a lot of time.
If your trying to find something, then why not a link that opens all of them?

Which is what we already have in 1.6.
Oh, good. ;]
Ryan Gordon Wrote:it got cut because it was having some technical issues
Oh well I hope it will work...

Ryan Gordon Wrote:then why not a link that opens all of them?
That would be handy aswell.

Scoutie Wrote:For the small fraction of time it saves
Depending on your internet connection. When my limit is used up, my connect is very slow. So opening ones that I need opened will be time consuming. That's just me, though.

Tomm M Wrote:it would dynamically load in the page?
That's the general idea. I figured, most of the pages such as CSS editting and clicking quick-edit in posts are dynamic so this section should be too.