MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wich of this 2 choices better for google
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
site.com/Mybb/Topic-Name-Here.html
site.com/Mybb/Forum-Name-Here.html
site.com/Mybb/Thread-34343.html

N.B : I have topics titles , and Forum name in Arabic Language
(2009-06-13, 05:35 PM)Mr-Cute Wrote: [ -> ]site.com/Mybb/Topic-Name-Here.html

I would say that is your best option. You can't beat just getting as many links to your site as possible though for SEO in my oppinion though.
With using arabic, I'd stick to the default /thread-34343.html

It's a common misconception that you need to have all fancy urls for SEO and search engines. The major search engines don't care. In fact, you could have like /showthread.php?tid=34343 and they would still index your contents just fine. SEO is about the contents of the page, the URL is a much lower priority. If your content is good, then you can just sit back and relax and use the default URLs and the traffic will come.
You're right in saying that content is king. Without content naturally there won't be visitors. This could be an issue of Mr-Cute's forum - most of the content there is hidden since guests are not allowed to access it.

However you're wrong in saying that search engines don't care. If done right, it's nice to have. Google recommends using keywords in URLs if possible, in several documents, for example http://www.google.com/support/webmasters...swer=76329
I didn't say it's not nice to have, but it isn't required. I've never ever used keywords in URLs and have never had any issues with getting properly indexed by the search engines.
(2009-06-14, 01:12 AM)MHryano Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say it's not nice to have, but it isn't required. I've never ever used keywords in URLs and have never had any issues with getting properly indexed by the search engines.

do you really have 5 vBulletin licenses.
i don't use SEO at all.
Yes, well actually I have 9 of them. Sig length limits mean that I can't list all my sites. I've never used any SEO on them and they vary in size from approx 5k posts to approx 6mil posts.

For example, just picking out one of the smallest ones....
Results listed in google
Results listed in yahoo
Results listed in Bing