MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: adding links to footer thingy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How would I add a link to this part of the forum

[attachment=14283]
Edit the footer template in the ACP. Add new links after the current ones.
<br />
			<div class="bottommenu">
				<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>
				<div>
					<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['contactlink']}">{$lang->bottomlinks_contactus}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a> | <a href="/donate.php"></a></span>
				</div>
			</div>
			</div>
		<hr class="hidden" />
			<div id="copyright">
				<div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community. 
					 It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact, 
					 to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below, 
					 you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
{$lang->powered_by} <a href="http://www.mybboard.net" target="_blank">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="http://www.mybboard.net" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.<br />
				<!-- End powered by -->
				<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
		</div>
		</div>

I added my donation page, but it doesnt show up.
<a href="/donate.php"></a>

Needs to be

<a href="/donate.php">[b]Donate[b]</a>
(2009-06-13, 09:27 PM)MHryano Wrote: [ -> ]<a href="/donate.php"></a>

Needs to be

<a href="/donate.php">[b]Donate[b]</a>

your fix isnt working either.
<a href="/donate.php">Donate</a> should work just fine... I think MHryano meant to use MyCode to make the Donate text bold but didn't close the tag, you don't use the [b], but it's just a standard HTML link...
oops yeah, meant to hightlight the word Donate by making it bold and messed up the mycode.
still not working, but could it be the coding the page Im trying to link, or no?>
By 'not working' do you mean it just doesn't show up...?? This is just a basic HTML link, not really much to go wrong with it.... are you sure you're editing the right template set for your theme...??
(2009-06-13, 11:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]By 'not working' do you mean it just doesn't show up...?? This is just a basic HTML link, not really much to go wrong with it.... are you sure you're editing the right template set for your theme...??

Doesnt show up and yes. Im editing the theme footer for the current default theme (That is the only theme installed)

http://scifi-zone.net/index.php is my forum.
Pages: 1 2