MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux Screen Resolutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, gonna ask you guys cos it's driving me nuts, I installed Ubuntu and Mint, that went fine, bit the biggest resolution they offered was 800x600... Confused Anyone know why??
What's your graphics card?
My guess is that a graphics driver didn't get installed.
dunno about ubuntu or mint, but check out your xorg.conf, it should contain something like this

Section "Screen"
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth 24
        Modes "1680x1050" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection

SubSection "Display"
        Depth 16
        Modes "1680x1050" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection

you can put any res you want in the Modes line (default one first), and you can switch between them using ctrl-alt +/-

if your xorg.conf doesn't have any of that, it's probably auto detected, and auto detection can go wrong. in that case you could google for whatever graphics card you have (or if its a netbook/laptop, for your specific model) and see if someone already made a working config for that

of course drivers also have to be installed but at least ubuntu installs all of them by default I think
mine has about 2 pixs off the edge. thats all. i have it set to 1280x 768 or something like that....
Try to get a tarball of your graphics driver for ubuntu. Don't know so much about mint
What graphics card do you have? Huh
(2009-06-14, 03:17 AM)Jaze Wrote: [ -> ]Try to get a tarball of your graphics driver for ubuntu. Don't know so much about mint

It would be the same as mint is based off of Ubuntu Wink.
(2009-06-14, 03:40 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-14, 03:17 AM)Jaze Wrote: [ -> ]Try to get a tarball of your graphics driver for ubuntu. Don't know so much about mint

It would be the same as mint is based off of Ubuntu Wink.

good call there
Open a Terminal and type:

xrandr -q

So you can see your resolution sizes available, to switch to any type

xrandr -s 14  ### Change to the Resolution No 14
  xrandr -s 0   ###  Roll Back to Original Resolution

Hope Help You.
Pages: 1 2