MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin password?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I looked in mybb_users I didn't see an admin or any of the user names.
OK, PM me details to your phpMyAdmin, it'll probably be quicker if I do it. You don't even need to go into mybb_users, just copy and paste the code I gave you into the SQL tab and change make sure your uid is right, that's all. The admin user will be in there unless you've somehow managed to delete it...
I figured it out thanks. In "mybb_users" you need to select "uid" and say browse. It's not in "mybb_users" it's in "uid". I think that's why everyone gets confused. Now everything is working.
Well, as I said, you didn't need to go into the users table at all, just copying and pasting a line of code into a box... Undecided Anyway, glad it's fixed...
(2009-06-14, 08:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Check your table prefix and change the X to your UID, this will change it to 'test'.

Hi Matt,
Question1: How do I change the password to something I want (e.g., monkey123) instead of "test"?

Question2: Can I, in ONE SQL query, include two changes? for example:

Update mybb_users SET username = 'newname', password = 'xxxxx', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1'

Will this change the login name and password to the forum ACP?
Just find whatever the md5 of monkey123 is, you're not meant to keep it as test forever though, it's just so you can login to change it to a proper password. And yes, you can change as much as you like.
(2010-01-11, 06:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Just find whatever the md5 of monkey123 is, you're not meant to keep it as test forever though, it's just so you can login to change it to a proper password. And yes, you can change as much as you like.

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

What is "md5"? How, where can I find md5 for any words?

Now I get it: if I don't lose my password, I can just login to change it (I don't need to go to phpMyadmin to sql).
Glad you got it fixed. MD5 is simply an encryption technique widely used in many databases. Its basically just to keep your users passwords safe.
If you want to get technical, it's actually a one-way hash since you can't exactly decrypt a md5-hashed string... Why it is used for passwords is that you must know the plain-text version, and when it gets hashed it will produce the exact same string to be compared to the database.
(2010-01-11, 09:18 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to get technical, it's actually a one-way hash since you can't exactly decrypt a md5-hashed string... Why it is used for passwords is that you must know the plain-text version, and when it gets hashed it will produce the exact same string to be compared to the database.

Thanks, Dennis and Polarbear. Take it as educational that my own thought for my own question: if I want the md5 code for 'monkey', I can login and change my pw to 'monkey' and back in the database I'll see the md5 code for 'monkey'.

This forum is wonderful!
Pages: 1 2 3