MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is mybb 1.6 coming ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB staff...!

I have just noticed that some forum adjustments have been made, mybb Plugins for v 1.2 have been moved to Archive Section newly created,

I beg to say, Is ver 1.6 coming for MyBB ?

---
Thankyou for answering by the staff...!
Best Regards
ghazal
The Owner of MyBBoard.Biz from April 2009 to June 2009
When it´s done Big Grin
Hope fully we will hear some good news from the mybb staff in the near future,
Best of luck mybb developers Smile
Yes, obviously it is coming at some point, when, no idea. The 1.2 stuff was archived because 1.2 is now over 10 months old.

http://blog.mybboard.net/2009/03/08/upda...velopment/
(2009-06-14, 01:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, obviously it is coming at some point, when, no idea. The 1.2 stuff was archived because 1.2 is now over 10 months old.

http://blog.mybboard.net/2009/03/08/upda...velopment/
That's nice, I was also wondering when I noticed that archive section, and I stoped to make new mybb forum using v 1.4.6 ... Though its a security patch, yet I was dreaming that v 1.6 will be sooper dooper version of the great software Smile
I don't expect 1.6 for atleast a year but see it comming in about 2.
(2009-06-14, 04:09 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I don't expect 1.6 for atleast a year but see it comming in about 2.

2 years for 1.6

If they want to keep up with the best, updates will have to occur a little more regularly than that. Look at vBulletin, they update all the time.

Quote:Thankyou for answering by the staff...!
Best Regards
ghazal
The Owner of MyBBoard.Biz from April 2009 to June 2009

wtf ghazal, was that needed?
I personally don't think it'll take two years... nobody quote me on this, it's just a personal guesstimate, but I see it being released, or at least being very near completion, within a year. It's coming along nicely Smile
Please note that MyBB 1.6 won't be as big of a release as 1.4. We're aiming to keep compatibility for most plugins and therefore we will mainly be focusing on simply adding more features versus changing things around.

Ryan
(2009-06-14, 05:14 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that MyBB 1.6 won't be as big of a release as 1.4. We're aiming to keep compatibility for most plugins and therefore we will mainly be focusing on simply adding more features versus changing things around.

Ryan

Personally I believe that plugin structure for 1.4 is really good, and it is not needed atall to change the structure for it,
Secondly, I do personally think that some graphics for mybb should be change as to cope with the necessity with the advancement in the coarse of forums... Moreover some changings in the admin panel should be made such as adding features like plugin editor, uploading of plugins directly from the adminCP, etc.
Pages: 1 2