MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LxLabs Owner Hangs Himself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As you are all aware, MyBB Source was down because of a huge exploit in HyperVM, causing hackers to deface over 100,000 websites.

But that's not all, last Monday the owner/founder of LxLabs (the creators of HyperVM and LxAdmin) hung himself. It isn't sure whether that's related to the hackings or something else.

I find this very sad, and I am extremely angry at these hackers. Not only is it bad to hack a website, but once you deface an entire network and start causing deaths than there need to be real consequences.

Read More: http://www.h-online.com/security/UK-Web-...ews/113483
They technical can be charged for murder by suicide now.
The hackers? I don't think so.
(2009-06-15, 01:36 AM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]The hackers? I don't think so.

If someone could link it strongly like a note it could be. but it would be tight.
Everyone hacks the servers, owner realizes all the lawsuits coming so he kills himself...can we blame the hackers? yes, The only legal standing may be manslaughter, but with so many its highly unlikely anyone will be charged.
(2009-06-15, 01:01 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]They technical can be charged for murder by suicide now.

Ugh...what law is that?
(2009-06-15, 01:43 AM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]The only legal standing may be manslaughter, but with so many its highly unlikely anyone will be charged.

Only remote possibility and its unlikely at that.
This is just awful really......Sad
Realistically this is enough of a computer crime that 20+ years in jail could be handed out. Really depends on the country they are in but I am sure a good prosecutor could drum up some charges.

The problem however is many countries just don't give a rats lime.
As well I believe it was quite a large number who hacked the servers, not everyone would be charged.
Pages: 1 2 3