MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom profile field visibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've created a custom profile field that should be hidden from other users. That particular option was described with "Is the field hidden from users and only viewable by admins/mods".
Does this mean that as an admin I can see that field when I check a user's profile, because it's not there. Or am I supposed to go to the Admin CP to do that?

Thanks in advance.Wink

Can
hey

well that means that you can see it in the view profile, so make sure u were logged in.

regards
Well, I was. I filled in the field an it wasn't visible in my profile despite me being admin. Tried it with my test user - nothing there as well.Sad
I can see it via the Admin CP tho...

Can
No it's only in the Admin CP if you choose 'hidden'
Well, to add to the confusion:
I noticed that my custom profile field (real name in that case) isn't hidden at all being well visible for everyone (even guests!) in the profile to the left of each post. Doesn't matter if hidden is set to yes or no.
Also when I set the field to required and try to delete it in my user cp I get an empty board message in every language I tried (English and German). I think there should be at least something that tells me I can't do that.

Can