MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unlocking forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of something for my forums, and I've been wondering if a feature in the User CP for "unlocking" forums (and "locking" as well) would be possible. I mean, an option in User CP to set which group of forums we would like to unlock.

For example, I have a forum about pets (I don't, just an idea), but I want to publish my MyBB themes there because I don't want to start another forum and spending money on another domain. And so, I'd like something to unlock forums. If users don't setup anything in User CP, then they must have the default forums set in the Admin CP. Because I don't want users who registered for pets discussion to see MyBB themes, discussions and such.

So in the Admin CP I'd like to see a "Create group of forums" option. We would click there and then, using FIDs, we would set which forums we want to be in that group. I think you get my point.
And finally in the User CP, Miscellaneous section or whatever, I'd like to see an "Unlock forums" option. Users would click there and they would tick the group of forums they want, and of course they can select multiple groups. Perhaps a description of the group could be set in the Admin CP so users can know what they're selecting. And as an extra and final thing, they can also select if they want the default forums or not; so if they don't select that they would ONLY see the group of forums they selected, but if they did they would see the group of forums they select AND the default forums.

Did I made myself clear? I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to see something like this. Thanks to anyone thinking of making this.

Regards.
What do you actually mean by unlocking of forums?
For what purposes you want to make such forums ?
(2009-06-16, 09:39 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Because I don't want users who registered for pets discussion to see MyBB themes, discussions and such.
I guess the best way to do this would be making two usergroups:
Pet-lovers and Mybb-themers.
Settings as the usual registered group but forum viewable only for the usergroup.
Users can join the group they want to be in...

Other possibility could be the tabbed menu by Jesse Labrocca from MybbCentral.com