MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.4.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone,

before I end up at a dead end here some questions to hopefully make me feel more confident in my quest.

Present Server setup is MyPHP 1.1.5, PHP 4.3.1, MySQL 3.23.55 (it's been running for quiet a while)
My new Server (and Hardware) setup is PHP 5.2.9-0.1.1, MySQL 5.0.67

1. Is it possible to Upgrade MyBB from 1.1.5 to 1.4.7?
2. If so, how do I go about doing it? Install 1.4.7 as usual and then import the data from 1.1.5?
3. If not what alternatives are recommended?
4. What program do I need to import the mySQL data from 1.1.5 to 1.4.7?

Thanks,

Leo
Firstly, ensure you make a backup of your MyBB database.

Then you should be able to follow the instructions here: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Post back here if you have any further questions. Smile
Thanks for your reply, however it seems I was not precise enough. Therefore I'll rephrase.

I want to keep my old server running with 1.1.5 until the new server is ready to go online.
The new server will get a fresh myBB 1.4.7. install.
I want to transfer the mySQL database from 1.1.5 to the new server running 1.4.7.

1. Are the databases compatible?

2. Do I need a specific "myBB" transfer program to make them compatible or is it sufficient to use "mysqldump"?

Thanks,

Leo
I think that if you try to use a MyBB 1.1.5 MySQL 3 database on MySQl 5, you're going to have problems... there's no program to do that, not by us anyway.
My suggestion...update your 1.1.5 to 1.2 then update to 1.4x. That might sounds harder but imho it's probably going to be easier. I can tell you now that you can't just transfer the database.
Thanks everyone. That's what I needed to know to continue my work on the new server.
As requested here is what I did to convert MyBB from v1.1.5 (PHP 4.3.1, MySQL 3.23.55) to v1.4.8 (PHP 5.2.9-0.1.1, MySQL 5.0.67):

1. Create identical SQL Database on the new server. Export SQL data from old server and import to new server. Make sure to use compatibility mode.
2. Copy MyBB 1.1.5 from the old to new server. Make sure everything works.
3. Install MyBB 1.2 as per instructions.
4. Install MyBB 1.4.8 as per instructions.

For the most part the transfer went well with the exceptions:

1. Themes were lost.
2. User ratings were lost.
3. and maybe something else I haven't noticed yet.

Still needs some theme tweaking and I need to adapt some icons/buttons.

forum.m3csl.de

Thanks,

Leo
Themes are lost when going from 1.2 > 1.4 so they'll definitely be lost going from 1.1 > 1.4 Toungue

Glad you managed to get it working... I like the subject of your forum too Big Grin