MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migraine Remedies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-06-16, 08:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]See a doctor :\

That. You should get your head checked, MRT if necessary. If doctors keep telling you that those are normal headaches, that's because you're seeing the wrong doctors, or you're not telling them the right things...

In my city there happens to be a hospital that specializes on such things (and everything else head related), that's the kind of place where I'd go if I had headaches that severe over such a long time period...

If it's computer related (don't use a computer for 1-2 weeks to find out wether that is a possible cause):
- cut down on computer noise (such as cooling fans, old hard disks, PSUs, as well as high frequency noise emitted by some cheap PSUs)
- proper lighting in your room in both day and night conditions
- monitor: CRT refresh rates, LCD cut down the brightness; check if you need (different) glasses for computer work
- move once in a while, get fresh air in your room, etc Smile
SEX! Toungue

Other than that, I don't really know how to do something, how often are you getting migraines?
There is one fact about migraine: each case is different, and medications differ from one case to another. What I do personally when I get a fit of migraine is to stay away from the pc or anything that requires concentration, and do one of the following:

- take two spoonfuls of pure honey
- rub the head with olive oil for 10 minutes
- boil an equal mixture of apple vinegar and water and inhale the vapor till the pain gradually disappears

In addition to making sure that one is not suffering from constipation.

This works fine for me, but there is no guarantee that it will work for Matt. (N.B. backup your head first Big Grin)

My advice is to consult a good neurologist.

Take care Matt

Regards
I had a bad one because i was dehydroated yesterday..... i took a 1 hour shower and played good music (atreyu, at static lullaby sense fail suff like that) i felt really better.

helped me Smile
Pages: 1 2 3