MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Central Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Central Forums is a general discussion forum which I bought off cohen.

Please tell me what you think.

http://central-forums.net
To be honest: the colors don't match well, and it seems...awkward
(2009-06-16, 11:40 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest: the colors don't match well, and it seems...awkward

Care to elaborate?
I agree with Tom. I think it just doesn't flow nicely. You have a cool blue, then a really harsh grey colour. But that's just my opinion... I'm not a designer or anything... Shy

I kind of like it though. Your collapsed images don't work either.

Even though it's (another) general forum, if you market it right it will work. Good luck! Smile
Good forum, I like it..!

Best of Luck with it Joshua
Did you not get supplied with SQL database? How much did you pay for this site?

I don't like the theme. It's too basic and "boring" for my liking. There's no background to the forum, the dark grey totally cancels out the light blue. The only positive I like about the theme is the buttons. I don't even like the statusicons.

Maybe asking the designer to change the design a little bit as I can see from posts on your forum Iam not the only one who thinks this.

Thanks.
(2009-06-17, 08:22 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Tom. I think it just doesn't flow nicely. You have a cool blue, then a really harsh grey colour. But that's just my opinion... I'm not a designer or anything... Shy

I kind of like it though. Your collapsed images don't work either.

Even though it's (another) general forum, if you market it right it will work. Good luck! Smile

I like the theme, and I think combus did a good job, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. What colours would you suggest with the blue then, I can easily change it.

The collapsed images work fine for me. I think they have a problem with any browser other than FF, I don't know why.

And according to your signature, you are a designer Toungue
(2009-06-17, 08:37 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I like the theme, and I think combus did a good job, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. What colours would you suggest with the blue then, I can easily change it.

The collapsed images work fine for me. I think they have a problem with any browser other than FF, I don't know why.

And according to your signature, you are a designer Toungue

Hence the shy icon... Toungue

I lighter shade of grey would be good. I think if you change the tcat(?) grey (the darker one) to the ones of the trow and lighten the trow. I think that would be good. The theme itself isn't bad...
I'll try to take all your suggestions on colors guys, I agree with the gray... it's not looking pretty well that dark. And the collapse bottons aren't there o.O (sorry for that Joshua).

@Combo: I was asked to make a totally neutral theme (this was hard to design for me, I tried different concepts but they weren't general enough, but nevermind)... so there's nothing to make enphasis on, perhaps that makes it look "boring"?

Thanks all for your feedback Smile
I actually really like the theme, I might make the tcat a bit more of a silver colour, and I'd make the on and off icons easier to differentiate between, but apart from that, I like it. It's nice and simple, and I think the header is quite cool too.
Pages: 1 2