MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anonymous posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use vB at the moment, but have been told to check out your software. Only thing that i can see missing that i need is the ability to give various forums anonymous posting ability. Is there a mod for this? I can't find anything.
uh, just enable guest posting
I don't want guests to be able to post, only registered members.
Then as far as I know, there's no plugin for this yet ...
(2009-06-17, 01:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Then as far as I know, there's no plugin for this yet ...
Ah well, i'll check again in another few months Smile Don't want to change and lose functionality.
Quote:Only thing that i can see missing that i need is the ability to give various forums anonymous posting ability.

So you want a forum where the postbit doesn't display the user info yet still require the post be from a user? A plugin could do that easily.
(2009-06-17, 02:52 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Only thing that i can see missing that i need is the ability to give various forums anonymous posting ability.

So you want a forum where the postbit doesn't display the user info yet still require the post be from a user? A plugin could do that easily.

That's right - it must be a logged on registered user, but doesn't show who they are in the post at all.
Here's something that's already been discussed: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-49919.html
You can just remove the info from the postbit / postbit user info template.