MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why doesn't MyBB use plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's just CSS and HTML.
(2009-06-18, 06:37 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]They run a secret plugin that forces users to enjoy mybb.

Wow, thats the reason of im using MyBB Big Grin
(2009-06-18, 06:37 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]They run a secret plugin that forces users to enjoy mybb.
I always knew that's why I'm addicted to it! :-)

(2009-06-18, 03:00 PM)theraptor Wrote: [ -> ]what about those colored news bars at the top. I'm pretty sure those aren't default in MyBB.
(2009-06-18, 03:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's just CSS and HTML.
Matt's right, they're nothing but CSS(for the colors) and some HTML(for the output).
(2009-06-18, 04:05 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]
I always knew that's why I'm addicted to it! :-)

(2009-06-18, 03:00 PM)theraptor Wrote: [ -> ]what about those colored news bars at the top. I'm pretty sure those aren't default in MyBB.
(2009-06-18, 03:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's just CSS and HTML.
Matt's right, they're nothing but CSS(for the colors) and some HTML(for the output).
What if new users expect to see that on on MyBB Angel
Haha, not to nag, is it easy to make though? Lightbulb
Yeah, it's very easy to make.
In your CSS add:
.news_box {
background-color: LightYellow; /* background color of the box */
border-bottom: 1px solid Yellow; /* border-top width(1px) type(solid/double/etc) color */
border-top: 1px solid Yellow; /* border-top width(1px) type(solid/double/etc) color */
color: #000000; /* this changes the text color */
padding: 4px;
}
and for the HTML just do:
<div class="news_box">What you want displayed goes here..</div>
Wow, is that seriously all? I'm going to have to make this for when I make my next MyBB forum.
Thanks.
Yes, that's all. There's a plugin on the Mods site called "Latest news" that does it for you, and gets the latest thread from a specified forum and shows the information in the box like on these forums.
(2009-06-20, 01:26 AM)NoLuckyWins Wrote: [ -> ]What if new users expect to see that on on MyBB Angel

Actually you have a valid point there, there are quite a few people who ask about them, how to do them, and they're just about the only user-visible non-core alteration I can think of... so if there were other plugins, there's be loads of people asking about them.
Hmm, when I said that hadn't realized I had a point Toungue

Oh and Matt, how does your avatar change every post lol?
Pages: 1 2