MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP images/text not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ACP Image

Installation wasn't an issue and the main board looks fine. It's the ACP images and I'm assuming some text is supposed to be in there somewhere. It's not showing as you can see from the image above.

I'm assuming this is a permissions issue. I chmodded all the files I was supposed to.
I'm just stumped and any help would be appreciated.

Amb.
Reupload ./inc/languages/english/admin. If that doesn't work, CHMOD ./inc/languages/english/admin to 666.
Thank you, Joshua.

I didn't reupload the files. The files were all there.
./inc/languages/english/admin was chmodded to 666, but it wouldn't show anything but what was shown in the screenshot provided.
I did try chmodding the folder to 755, 766, 776 but none of those permissions worked.
The only permission settings that would allow the contents of the ACP to be shown is 777.
While I like the fact that everything in the ACP is being displayed now, is this going to be a security issue?
What was ./inc/languages/english/ CHMOD to??

777 may be a bit of a risk, it shouldn't have to be that to work really, if I were you, I'd ask your host to see if they have anything setup that requires that... can't think why they would because 777 is less secure than 755, but 755 should work fine... it's the standard setting for folders.
I went ahead and reinstalled seeing as they just released a new version.
Managed to get the ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin directories to 755 and the files within those directories to 666.
But the directories themselves just won't chmod to 666 without problems.
I've always used Centos on the servers and any forum I've installed, if it calls for 755 I've always had to use 777.

'preciate the help.