MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What should I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a wierd question that I wanted to ask you guys.

Today I saw a kid from year 9 shoving and punching a year 8 which I know, but I am not really friends with. The guy who was shoving and punching is the shortest kid in school, and I think he is just trying to look cool.

I wanted to know what you guys think I should do, because the year 8 is really sad after getting hurt, especially after he got punched in the face.

Should I:

A) Go and get a teacher
B) Break up the fight and walk away.
C) Start defending the year 8 by fighting with the year 9
D) Just stand and watch.

Also, the year 9 had all his friends around him, encouraging to fight.

So, what do you guys think I should do?
A. when something like this happens, it's better to let someone know, otherwise the kid will get seriously injured, i know people always say "well, go and help him out, don't be scared, but the right thing to do is let someone know or you could get in trouble if you were their just watching.

Edit: i mean just do A
Try to stop the quarel between these two's and try to make them friends again Smile
Because it is not good for students that they are in such a place (school) where they learn to be good member of society, rather to make a quarel and fight with the humans...
Its my point of you...!
Depends on the situation. If I were still in high school then A would be the first choice because regardless of your intentions, fighting is still against the rules and a suspension isn't my first choice (unless of course the situation is severe). Outside of high school though B and C are the routes to go since you can't get in trouble for defending somebody. Of course, my situation would be completely different than yours based on numerous factors so the best advice anybody can give is do what you think is right. Don't do what you think is expected of you and don't do something because other people say to do it or it's not worth doing.
Yell out "Your all dumb for fighting" then run away and get an A on your maths test. Toungue

Realistically I would just tell a teacher privately.
Oh wait, you're 13 and live in Australia? I don't know what kinds of laws you have there but I would say take the year 9 kid down if you can get away with it. Big Grin

(For the record I normally don't condone violence but in the world today some kids really need to be taken down... literally and metaphorically speaking.)
(2009-06-17, 08:18 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Yell out "Your all dumb for fighting" then run away and get an A on your maths test. Toungue

Realistically I would just tell a teacher privately.

That was what I was thinking. Today was the first time it happend, but it happend twice, so if it happens tomorrow I'll see a teacher.

I shouldn't be finding this funny, but it was pretty funny when the little kid was hurting a kid twice his size.
(2009-06-17, 08:26 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I shouldn't be finding this funny, but it was pretty funny when the little kid was hurting a kid twice his size.

Youtube it... Toungue

If you don't already, get to know the people fighting. Get your friends to be ready to back you up (nothing like a field, rather than just a grass!) then see a teacher.
If your older (which I don't think you are) another good option is to just storm in there and be really authoritative and demand that the year 8 stand somewhere, the grade 9 somewhere else and the spectators somewhere else (don't let them get away) then start yelling at them and be like "what the hell are you doing!" and then tell the grade 8 and 9 to come with you while you find a teacher. It will only work if you REALLY put on a commanding voice so they are shocked by your sudden hijack of the status within the moment.
B then A. I know you've crossed out C, but, over here at least, if you fight back or do something similar you'll just get punished for it too. When I was in year 10 I had to break up a fight between two year 8s, had to restrain one of them against a wall because he was going ape, and then I got moaned at for using force on him. Stupid, yes, but that's what can happen, so I would just break it up.
Pages: 1 2