MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WAMP or XXAMP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have used WAMP for the last 6 months, and I have enjoyed using it. My laptops hardrive just failed, so I thought it would be a good time to try XXAMP, and I wanted to know which one you use.

So what do you use/prefer?
I am currently using WAMP server to do some plugins or mycodes tasks and testing on local computers and it is very good for me..
A lot of people I've talked to prefer XXAMP, I personally like WAMP though. It's only used for testing and gets the job done right. Big Grin
What's XXAMP? I only know XAMPP.

Stick with WampServer, it's a much more user friendly package than XAMPP.

Of course you could also switch to Linux Big Grin
* frostschutz runs away
Or you can stick with Windows and pick up VMWare Player. Wink
WAMP just seemed to get in my way with it's "user-friendliness" thingy rapidly becoming really annoying. I like having a folder on my desktop that if I dump a file there it can be quickly tested on localhost.

XAMPP wins for me.
XAMPP for the winnn.
(2009-06-17, 08:11 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]What's XXAMP? I only know XAMPP.

Stick with WampServer, it's a much more user friendly package than XAMPP.

Of course you could also switch to Linux Big Grin
* frostschutz runs away

Whoops Toungue. I meant XAMPP

I tried installing Ubuntu on my computer (dual boot with windows) but it when I select install after I boot from the CD, it just freezes Sad
With the new versions of Ubuntu you can install directory in Windows and run in Windows like a normal script. Wink
(2009-06-17, 08:37 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]With the new versions of Ubuntu you can install directory in Windows and run in Windows like a normal script. Wink

I know that, but when I try install into windows, some other errors come up! The errors were at the end of the setup and they are something like "access denied" to some files.
Pages: 1 2