MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When will it break?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I figured I'd post this thread for fun to see what others thought...
Here's my current server setup:
Intel Atom 330 (dual core 1.6GHz), 1GB DDR2 RAM, 250GB SATA2 Drive, 2TB Bandwidth @ 100MBps, CentOS5, cPanel/WHM 11, Apache 2, PHP5, MySQL5, and CSF+LFD.

So how many cPanel accounts or websites do you think it can hold until the load becomes to much? I know there are a lot more factors involved but this is just for fun an not an exact science. I'm also interested to see how much faith people have in Intel Atoms. Wink
If this gives 2TB Bandwidth, then I suggest to make a limit for only 2000 accounts (cpanel)
Because Higher the load of accounts = greater will be the consumption of BW
1GB DDR2 RAM makes me think anything over 300 active accounts will fail...
(2009-06-17, 04:15 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]1GB DDR2 RAM makes me think anything over 300 active accounts will fail...

Depends how intense each site is however. Once virtual memory kicks in, it'll bog down immensely.
Ram is a little low.. but I'm not sure how many it would take to actually do anything to the server.
LETS SEE! *Makes everyone in the world sign up for an account*
That many. ^
1 GB and running Cpanel? Upgrade RAM.
Well I was hoping to let this thread get a little bigger but... here are the current stats:
Server Load: 1.28
Memory Used: 43.5%
Swap Used: 6.48%
976 Accounts Big Grin

I considered upgrading RAM, but I figured by the time I'm ready to I'll just order a new server since CPU will cap out before RAM does.
Are all those accounts active though?
I actually just checked and about 300 of them are probably going to be wiped due to inactivity (less than 5MB of bandwidth used). Some of them are suspended until next month (used their monthly bandwidth usage). The majority of them are personal sites but some of the business sites, big forums, and game sites (I'm hosting at least 20 different versions of "Mafia Wars" on my server!) are getting constant hits (I'm only averaging 1.65Mbps for the month so far).
Lol, I was just playing Mafia Wars yesterday on FB.
Pages: 1 2