MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Post Count Remains Zero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Site Url: http://www.pearljamboots.com
MyBB Version: 1.4.7
PHP Version: 5.2.9
SQL Engine: MySQLi 5.0.77

Description of conditions and issues: I recently upgraded from XMB 1.9.11 to MyBB 1.4.7. It was a flawless upgrade and all has been well accept for one situation where all members have 0 post count. The stats page does not count either. It says "Members who have posted: 0%". I did the best searching I possibly could to fix this issue myself but could not find anything related. I even went as far as upgrading it to see if it would correct the schema but no luck. I have run all the recount tools as well. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I recently saw this thread and such thing was also encounter to me, when I upgrade my forum from 1.4.6 to the current version (1.4.7). Also I have noticed that MyBBoard.Biz after merging to MyBBaddons.com , Lennart encounter the same error, and raised the same issue...

Is it a Bug..?

Also This member which I posted above run all recounts tools, But all in vain...!

---
Thankyou
I posted about the same issue here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-51521.html

Hopefully we find a resolution soon. It's probably something simple.
Make sure your forums have post counting enabled.

Also, which version of the merge system were you using?
(2009-06-18, 06:26 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your forums have post counting enabled.

Also, which version of the merge system were you using?

1. Where is such a setting because I have looked and have yet to find it. Guidance appreciated. This was an instant issue upon converting though and even with that said, should show post count regardless for existing posts even if not permitted to increase?

2. Latest merge system version available for download.
In the settings for each forum, there's a setting for whether posts in that forum will increment the post count or not.
Sorry, but I have no such available feature. I have looked in forum settings for every single forum I have already and nothing pertaining to post increment enabling or disabling is available. Please show me a snap shot perhaps?

Edit: I think i found it. is there some sort of sql command I can run to set it to allow for all forums?

Ps. Thank you in advance. No clue why this is off for all forums
Sure is:

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

Check your table prefix first. You should then go to the MyBB ACP and go to Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > and then I'd run the first 4 there. That will get all the counters to the correct level. I also think you need to go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > and rebuild the Forums one.
(2009-06-18, 08:55 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Sure is:

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

Check your table prefix first. You should then go to the MyBB ACP and go to Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild > and then I'd run the first 4 there. That will get all the counters to the correct level.

yeah, I just look at the forums table and figured it out. I guess this is a good catch then because it was off for all forums so perhaps a check for this should be made when merging from xmb.

Anyways, thanks so much.
I'll give the merge a run later and see if I can reproduce. I also added this bit to my post which I don't think you saw, I added it a bit late:

Quote:I also think you need to go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > and rebuild the Forums one.

I'm quite sure that's needed when editing forum settings via SQL.

And glad it's sorted Smile
Pages: 1 2