MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RMAs suck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My power supply died on my case so I had the choice of either spending $70 for a new case or RMAing the case... I chose to RMA the case so now my home server is out until I get a chance to mail out the case and get a new one from Newegg. Let this be a lesson, never unplug your computer while it's still on (I guess it's a curse that I went with a silent PC since I can never tell when it's on Sad).

[/vent]
A power supply shouldn't die just because you unplug it though... Wink I always get parts separately. I'd hate having to send a whole case back when the PSU is the only thing that's broken.
I've never heard of it happening before either but I did a search and sure enough it's been known to happen. I guess it's easy to overload a 60W PSU. Wink And the PSUs are too expensive if I bought it seperately... gotta love ITX (The case + PSU is $70, its $65 just for an 80W PSU alone, even though I only want a 60W which is $50 and out of stock). Sad
A power supply and for 70$ ??
Isn't not very much
I buy my computer power suplly for 35 PKR that is approximately equalant to 0.50 $ USD
(2009-06-18, 09:59 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ](The case + PSU is $70, its $65 just for an 80W PSU alone, even though I only want a 60W which is $50 and out of stock). Sad

PSU's that come with cases are too unreliable, especially at a price like that. You should have care when buying a PSU, for when one dies, it also tends to damage the other components. Don't be so cheap with your PSU's.
I'm not being cheap, I'm paying top dollar. Wink Also, I have very few options on the power supply I use since there aren't many out there. If it was a simple ATX power supply then it wouldn't be a problem but it's not so I have to find a power supply about the size of a pack of gum.
Here's a picture of the power supply: http://www.epiacenter.com/images/projects/sx64/12.jpg
LOL

Ah, my mistake. I thought it an ATX power supply.
Wow ITX doesn't look fun to work with at all Toungue.
It's actually not bad, it's much easier to organize. Big Grin
http://www.jmd.cc/gallery/misc/server.jpg
So why exactly did you want ITX?
Pages: 1 2