MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Index Page Reports Last Post Incorrectly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is hard to explain so I took some screenshots.

Notice the red boxes in the first screenshot. They both say that JR- was the last poster. However, this is only correct for the Guild Lounge forum. In the PvP Fundamentals forum JR- is NOT the last poster. In fact, that post doesn't even exist in that forum.

If you actually look at the PvP fundamentals forum you will see in the second screenshot that it correctly reports the new thread and the last post as being written by PeteVasi.

I checked the thread table in the DB and the last post is correct in the DB. For whatever reason it is appearing incorrectly on the forum main page.
Shochu Wrote:This is hard to explain so I took some screenshots.

Notice the red boxes in the first screenshot. They both say that JR- was the last poster. However, this is only correct for the Guild Lounge forum. In the PvP Fundamentals forum JR- is NOT the last poster. In fact, that post doesn't even exist in that forum.

If you actually look at the PvP fundamentals forum you will see in the second screenshot that it correctly reports the new thread and the last post as being written by PeteVasi.

I checked the thread table in the DB and the last post is correct in the DB. For whatever reason it is appearing incorrectly on the forum main page.
Have your cleared your cache, cookies and temporary internet files? Also, try to access your site on different browsers/computers and see if the problem still exists.
I did clear my cache although I didn't clear cookies and the problem didn't go away at that time.

The problem is gone now because someone responded in that thread and it has now updated the last poster correctly.
Have you moved your forums around by any chance? IE, changed the parents of one forum to another or such.

Chris
@chris
Haven't moved any forums. I have added new ones here and there but those two forums have always been where they were.