MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) How do i make it so announcement's go on the portal page?

2)How do i use filezilla to make myself get a new theme, like if i go to my files, witch ones do i go to and which ones do i delete and replace?

3) How do i install plug-ins i get confused, so please be self explanatory.

If you can answer any one of these it would be grateful,

Thank-you,
Jon11
1. In the portal settings, put the ID of the forums to pull announcements from.

2. You don't delete or replace anything, the theme should come with a readme telling you what to do. You make a new folder in ./images/, upload the images there, then import the xml file in the ACP.

3. Again, the plugin should come with a readme telling you where to put the files, put them were it tells you. If there's just one file it usually goes in ./inc/plugins/, most plugin authors put files in the structure you have to upload them, but if not, you'll have to ask the author.
(2009-06-18, 01:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. In the portal settings, put the ID of the forums to pull announcements from.

2. You don't delete or replace anything, the theme should come with a readme telling you what to do. You make a new folder in ./images/, upload the images there, then import the xml file in the ACP.

3. Again, the plugin should come with a readme telling you where to put the files, put them were it tells you. If there's just one file it usually goes in ./inc/plugins/, most plugin authors put files in the structure you have to upload them, but if not, you'll have to ask the author.

aright ill try, Thanks for helping if it works Smile
whats the id? how do i find out?
The ID is at the end of the URL when you're in a forum.
(2009-06-18, 01:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The ID is at the end of the URL when you're in a forum.

ohhhhh

okay thanks!
when i go to plugins what files do i put in there?

do i make a new folder?

or do i put all files in there?
(2009-06-18, 01:29 PM)jon11 Wrote: [ -> ]when i go to plugins what files do i put in there?

do i make a new folder?

or do i put all files in there?

That should be explainend in the readme that comes with the plugin.
If you don't know where to put them, and there isn't a readme, you'll have to ask the author, as I said before, we don't know where every file has to go for every plugin available.