MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new web site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just created an new web site and I would like to take my fourm with me, how do I do this? Thanks for you time!
phpcode5 Wrote:I have just created an new web site and I would like to take my fourm with me, how do I do this? Thanks for you time!
Hi,
When you say "take my forum with me", do you mean moving your pre-existing MyBB forum onto a new server/domain?
What you do is backup your database via PhpMyAdmin. Then copy all of your boards files and directories in the EXACT SAME PATHS. Then copy your files from your old server and upload them via ft[ to your new server. Edit the config file to fix your new MySql database, then goto your new PhpMyAdmin, and upload your old database.
kodaks Wrote:
phpcode5 Wrote:I have just created an new web site and I would like to take my fourm with me, how do I do this? Thanks for you time!
Hi,
When you say "take my forum with me", do you mean moving your pre-existing MyBB forum onto a new server/domain?
Yes I mean I have a pre-existing MyBB fourm and I just hosted a new domain, and I would like to transfer it to my new domain.
RelingQ Wrote:What you do is backup your database via PhpMyAdmin. Then copy all of your boards files and directories in the EXACT SAME PATHS. Then copy your files from your old server and upload them via ft[ to your new server. Edit the config file to fix your new MySql database, then goto your new PhpMyAdmin, and upload your old database.
Thanks, it worked!Big Grin