MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password Auto Complete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when you click on the login link you are presented with side by boxes username and password. When you input the username you also have to input the password. Even though you told FF to remember the password it wont auto complete the boxes.

Is there a way to make so when you input your username and then tab to password the password auto completes?

Is there also a way to have a remember check box when logging in?
The login form is dynamically added by JavaScript. What I did is put the login form statically into the page, and only hide / unhide it with JavaScript. I also removed the auto filling of the fields with "user" "password" functionality. The password remember function of browsers seem to like it better that way. It's still not perfect but at least my users no longer complain. Wink

A better alternative would probably be to disable the quick login altogether and have everyone login on the members.php?action=login page. That's what the password managers like best - one static place to log into the site from. But it robs you the comfort of logging in without being redirected...

As for the remember checkbox, I've no idea.
Yeah, I don´t like that quick login without firefox password reminder too. Just kick it out from my custom theme

(2009-06-19, 05:00 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]A better alternative would probably be to disable the quick login altogether and have everyone login on the members.php?action=login page.

that´s what I´ve done for the very 1st time after installed mybb 1.4 Gold Cool
Thank you very much using the member.php?action=login page is way better thank you

I took this line in the header_welcomeblock_guest file

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;" class="login">

and edited it so it was like this

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" class="login">

And it works perfect. Thank you again.
Cheers and we look forward to your Forum Favourites selections! Toungue

pret auto