MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE8 and Private Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A member reported that the PMs do not show completely. He is using IE8. I tested and confirmed that this issue is reproducible. I don't want to report it as a bug unless support staff/devs say so. I need help to resolve this. Telling my members to not use IE8 will not resolve it unfortunately.

Snapshot of issue below.

[Image: aaaae.png]
So it's only IE8?? Could we maybe have a URL and test account...??
Send yourself a PM and use IE8. that simple to repro.

http://www.pearljamboots.com

No test account available though.
Why no test account?? Huh I'm not going to register to test it...
Because one does not exist. That's why. So, I am supposed to post a user name and password here for everyone to access? You did not ask me to create one nor to direct me to PM you details either. And there is really no need for it either. I tested this on afresh install as well and reproduced the issue the same as on my active forums. It's odd to say the least.
May be the PM Post and $footer has been missing in templates
(2009-06-19, 04:35 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]May be the PM Post and $footer has been missing in templates

Not sure what you mean. Perhaps explain a bit please? I know that the footer and PM templates have not been touched at all.
(2009-06-19, 04:34 PM)John Briggs Wrote: [ -> ]Because one does not exist. That's why. So, I am supposed to post a user name and password here for everyone to access? You did not ask me to create one nor to direct me to PM you details either. And there is really no need for it either. I tested this on afresh install as well and reproduced the issue the same as on my active forums. It's odd to say the least.

Yes, create one, that's what everybody else does when we ask for a test account, then everybody can test it... and how is there not a need?? I want to look at the source code, how do you propose I do that without being logged in...?? I used my PMs on here with IE8 today just fine, so there must be something on your forum, or maybe it's your own browser settings, but we need a test account to test. It's a common request, people usually just make one...
Well, unless someone requests specifically I canot assume so my apologies. I also tested here and all was fine. That's why I installed a fresh copy and reproduced the same results. Several emmbers use IE8 on my forums and they have the same issue so it can't just be my setings. I have spent a good amount of time trying to eliminate possibilities beore binging this to you guys. I like to be informed.
Looks like a temple isn't default somewhere, look in the Private Messages Templates set and see if any templates aren't default, the name will be in green. This is the issue:

<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">

<br />Reputation: <a href="reputation.php?uid=220"><strong class="reputation_neutral">0</strong></a>
<!-- THX --!>
<br />Warning Level: <a href="usercp.php">0%</a>

Everything after the <!-- THX --!> is commented out, which will break things. Should probably be just <!-- THX -->
Pages: 1 2