MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How did you hear about mybb and what is your experience with it so far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rolleyes @ Grossman :p

I see my mybb babble at TAZ is worth somem...
(2009-06-19, 09:15 PM)Steve Moore Wrote: [ -> ]Well I am not completely MyBB as I still have an owned license to vBulletin but I do plan to use MyBB for a future endeavor I'm embarking on. But overall I got interested in MyBB by Tomster and Shawn Grossman as I have heard them both talk about it. I always see threads on TAZ regarding MyBB which spiked my curiosity regarding addons and styles for it.
By mere luck Shawn. LOL
(2009-06-19, 10:08 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I first heard about MyBB when I was on one of Labrocca's sites and I saw the MyBB copyright. I downloaded it, installed it and it was the best software I have ever used.

I have to Agree , Cept I found it through Twitchin kitten ( owner of Skin city Designs.com ) she did the inital install of 1.2 and got me into it. I love this script , I have had IPB , Phpbb , WOW , WOW Ultra , smf , and mybb is by far the easiest , and best forum script I have ever used.

I'd love to see version 2.0 Wink
I love MyBB. I found it while looking through a list of free BB software (on Wikipedia I think) and oddly chose it based on the default theme. At the time I was thinking more along the lines of "ease to change the theme to fit mine" than I was features. I then later got the ability to admin a copy of vB, and hated it so much I convinced the website owner to convert from their not-entirely-legal vB to the entirely-legal MyBB. A quick theme convert later and now I admin 2 MyBB based boards.

I've only had a few minor issues with MyBB, but those were with hardcoded things inserted into templates keeping my theme from properly validating as XHTML 1.1 and isn't too big a deal.
I was first using phpbb version 3 , But it was too difficult for me to understand, I searched internet through googling, Found enormous forum softwares like phpbb, punbb, usebb, vB, SMF, IPB... and I downloaded all of them except vB. I use them on local computers, But I don't know why, I didnot like any of them, I now understand that some them have difficult coding, some have Bad graphics, and still others have features less.

It is about Dec. 2008 that I found mybb, Installs it, read the coding standards, and greatly loves it...

It is not sugar couted, Its a fact that mybb is excellent in coding standards, marvelous in graphics, tumendous in functionality , extra ordinary in Plugin structure, and magnificent in support...!

Great MyBB..! Heart
I was walkin' down 42nd Street in New York, when I saw a hobo peeing. Now, that's a pretty normal occurrence, but you see, he was peeing in letters. The letters were "MyBB". So I decided to do a Google search, and bam, here I am!
(2009-06-28, 06:43 PM)Oxymoron Wrote: [ -> ]I was walkin' down 42nd Street in New York, when I saw a hobo peeing. Now, that's a pretty normal occurrence, but you see, he was peeing in letters. The letters were "MyBB". So I decided to do a Google search, and bam, here I am!

Good to hear you watch people as they pee Toungue
I googled MyBB after seeing it mentioned on webmaster forums.

My first day with a test forum went like this:
1) Easy installation
2) Where are the .tpl, .html, or template.php files? Huh
3) Soon after that, it became obvious that MyBB was much better (and easier to work, with than other forums and open-source programs.

###

(2009-06-28, 06:43 PM)Oxymoron Wrote: [ -> ]I was walkin' down 42nd Street in New York, when I saw a hobo peeing. Now, that's a pretty normal occurrence, but you see, he was peeing in letters. The letters were "MyBB". So I decided to do a Google search, and bam, here I am!

Are you an Oxymoron? Toungue
I first found MyBB after coming back from Using SMF. However, i went to Joomla after using SMF. I hated how hard it was to make a simple community. So I found that MyBB was a fourm software, and had a built in Portal Page which was what i needed. I soon got on and it worked like a charm. I have never had a problem with it. Also, the support team is really really helpful.
Pages: 1 2