MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Find related threads!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this great idea for a modification that yall should consider! I think it would be cool to have a modification that when you submit a new topic, i puts in a temporary que or holding status and directs you to related topics, sticky threads being some of the first results.

Like for example, I submit a new thread "change my user name" and it holds it and shows me other threads related. Then asks me if I want to submit my new thread.

I think many forums, especially support forums would love this sort of feature Smile
Most forums that have such a feature do this AJAX as you type the subject (finding threads with similar subjects).

There's no point in doing it after you spent 10+ minutes to write a whole post...
(2009-06-19, 08:47 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Most forums that have such a feature do this AJAX as you type the subject (finding threads with similar subjects).
There IS a plugin which does exactly what you're saying here in the community, I just don't feel like searching..
(2009-06-19, 10:43 PM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]I felt like searching Toungue
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-460...lar+thread
Thanks Toungue
Cool Thanks Smile