MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not big on using one thread to introduce myself.

I am Steve, obviously. I am a staff member of The Admin Zone, always hearing about MyBB and thinking of installing it and see what mods or styles I can make for it. I'm a PHP developer, I enjoy playing with forum code, gives me a challenge. I also came over here to see what I can contribute to MyBB either by helping others or applying for the developer team but we shall see.

I am married with 3 wonderful children, I am currently looking at freelance work again since I was fired almost 6 months ago and this economy has screwed me out of getting another job. So another fight, but enough about me. I'll take any questions that anyone might have.

Cheers
Steve
Welcome Steve Smile I too am staff at TAZ
Welcome Steve, I hope you enjoy yourself.
~NoLucky
So far I am, been busy tearing apart the MyBB code to see how difficult it would be for me to port my vB mods and styles to MyBB.

Shawn, didn't you hear? You were demoted just a minute ago. Toungue
(2009-06-19, 11:51 PM)Steve Moore Wrote: [ -> ]So far I am, been busy tearing apart the MyBB code to see how difficult it would be for me to port my vB mods and styles to MyBB.

Shawn, didn't you hear? You were demoted just a minute ago. Toungue

How do you like it so far? I ported some of my mods from smf here as well, nothing big, some small ones, but it went very smooth. I like it the way mybb is coded.

And welcome to mybb btw. I have seen you at taz and I think that a lot of members here will benefit from your experience.
babjusi Wrote:How do you like it so far? I ported some of my mods from smf here as well, nothing big, some small ones, but it went very smooth. I like it the way mybb is coded.

And welcome to mybb btw. I have seen you at taz and I think that a lot of members here will benefit from your experience.

I'm loving it, I actually have it running on my new site that I plan to use for MyBB stuff and possibly a blog on the front end. Not sure yet though. I have about 13 mods to port, but I might do my big onces for now then port the rest after my style. I am in the process of creating a portal as well, something with a bit more flexibility than what MyBB comes default with.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah alot of peeps have seen me around TAZ, they usually don't see me getting into too much discussion on MyBB but I think I will now. And I'm glad to see that others feel my experience will benefit many here.
Bro Welcome here as we do need people like u who has lots of knowledge and willingness to help others.... this is the way our community is built... Smile
I work for free to an extent....j/k
(2009-06-20, 05:59 PM)Steve Moore Wrote: [ -> ]
babjusi Wrote:How do you like it so far? I ported some of my mods from smf here as well, nothing big, some small ones, but it went very smooth. I like it the way mybb is coded.

I'm loving it, I actually have it running on my new site that I plan to use for MyBB stuff and possibly a blog on the front end. Not sure yet though. I have about 13 mods to port, but I might do my big onces for now then port the rest after my style. I am in the process of creating a portal as well, something with a bit more flexibility than what MyBB comes default with.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah alot of peeps have seen me around TAZ, they usually don't see me getting into too much discussion on MyBB but I think I will now. And I'm glad to see that others feel my experience will benefit many here.

A portal, that sound interesting. Yes, mybb has a lack of custom portals. Looking forward to see what you will come up with.
Exactly why I decided to do a portal. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2