MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My tableless MyBB (dv-8.me)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-06-19, 10:44 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]AAAA. GOSH. You freaked me out with that sound when we hover the menu links. Seriously dude.. I was like sleepy, almost sleeping.. I fall of the chair lol

^THIS! xD
(2009-06-20, 01:12 AM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-19, 10:44 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]AAAA. GOSH. You freaked me out with that sound when we hover the menu links. Seriously dude.. I was like sleepy, almost sleeping.. I fall of the chair lol

^THIS! xD

Yea, I forgot to mention that! Cool
But after I read his post I went and did it and I jumped Toungue
Could be a bit quieter Wink
(2009-06-19, 10:15 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]*Jaw drops on floor*

+1

It's amazing but I don't know if it's really to usable right now.
Sound Effects = Sad

No Quick Reply (Due to MyBB's method of qreplying) = Sad

Overall layout = Meh, could be better, but still OK.

It's an interesting concept, and a good job, but it seems like a lot of extra work, to avoid something that's perfect for the job anyways (there's nothing wrong with using tables). BTW, the profiles are a bit effed up.

You've done a good job, but I just don't like it.
(2009-06-20, 02:37 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Sound Effects = Sad

No Quick Reply (Due to MyBB's method of qreplying) = Sad

Overall layout = Meh, could be better, but still OK.

It's an interesting concept, and a good job, but it seems like a lot of extra work, to avoid something that's perfect for the job anyways (there's nothing wrong with using tables). BTW, the profiles are a bit effed up.

You've done a good job, but I just don't like it.

This is how I feel exactly. The amount of modification is impressive, but the end result is leaving me ultimately unsatisfied.
Thank you everyone, for the kind words. A lot of the 'problems' discussed are within the 50% of the remaining templates that have yet to be altered. It is perfectly fine if you do not like what you see so long as you understand that I am at the extreme opposite of the spectrum. I am one who feels that unless everything has been touched in some way shape or form, then it is not really a theme - more like a color / image / header & footer (wrapper) swap. I detest these types of 'themes' with a passion as they, in my eyes, lack effort and creativity - hence my want to go above and beyond the norm.

In the end we own the forums that we do and do what we want with them to our own different tastes. Which is not to say that is a bad thing. No no. If we all liked the same things then life as we know it would be a huge snooze. My forums were created in such a way that it would stand out as being different. Reading the replies I got I think I can walk away knowing everyone got that (thank you Smile). Aside from PHPBB and Vanilla, I have not seen any tableless designs around. As I said before, the concept has been eating away at me for years so I knew I had to work it out of my system once and for all. Let me be clear though. I in no way, shape or form, am implying that tables are useless and should be replaced. I also apologize for the sound. I did not mean to scare anyone. Ehehehe! I will work on that too. I promise.

Toungue
I personally don't like it at all, but then again I'm not authority on designs so don't give my opinions to much weight.
Theme looks good, but still there is room for improvement.
(2009-06-21, 05:49 AM)kan3 Wrote: [ -> ]Theme looks good, but still there is room for improvement.

Isn't that always the case Wink
I think the theme is very unique. I have not come across a MyBB forum with this much customization in the theme. It's nice to see what people can shape MyBB into, and thanks for taking the effort to show us what can be done Smile

The first time around I had sounds muted, but now that someone mentioned it I hear the sound effects. Pretty cool for a demo forum, but I probably wouldn't have that on any of my production forums Toungue

Great work!
Pages: 1 2 3