MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does anyone here use dreamhost and...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install "Boonex.com Dolphin" on a website I have to use as a company intranet. It says magic quotes is turned off and needs to be enabled. I put out a ticket to my host, dreamhost.com and they said to enable it i would have to install php and update it myself and so on.

Is there a simple guide, I mean REALLY SIMPLE for explaining to me how I can do all this?!

Has anyone on dreamhost had to do this before? Thanks in advance Smile
Do you have your own unmanaged server or something?

I used Boonex products, all of them to be exact, downfall to them is since they use a unique way of loading pages, sometimes it would work for me and sometimes it wouldn't work so I finally gave up on it.
Shared Hosting ATM but DH said I can add php myself but id be in charge of maintaining it...
Not under shared hosting. PHP is a package that is meant to be installed under SSH access, server side.

Magic quotes you can actually do a work around using .htaccess file. Let me get the info for you.

EDIT: Here you go, create a file and add this to your file:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

Then save the file as htaccess.txt, upload to the root of your site you need this turned off for and rename it to .htaccess

Let me know how that works out for you.

Oh yeah if that don't work use this code:
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize 8M
php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
</IfModule>

Change mod_php4.c to match the php version you have installed.
ya, I don't understand how your supposed to install php for yourself Toungue. But, it's a very easy setting to set if you had access to the php.ini.
Nope didn't work Sad
You have to build it as CLI I believe. DH has instructions on their site but realistically I don't recommend you bother. For the $10 a month or less you might be better off finding a second host. The hours spent dealing with php upgrading, patching, and problem solving is going to quickly diminish any value over just paying a different host.

Shawn if you want a deal for hosting...PM me. I might be able to work something out for you.