MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Profile Display Problem: usereputationsystem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reputation will display in profile even if the display group has it off.

To reproduce:

1. Assign a users display group to any group that has the permission "Show reputations for users in this group?" to NO.
2. View profile.

You'll see the reputation and the link. The link shouldn't even work imho since the rep display is off for the group. If that user has it as their display group it shouldn't be viewable. I was told that's the point of the display group to begin with.

Let me know a posted official fix. I will subscribe to thread.

Thank you.

EDIT: Tracking this farther down the line.

Seems this is used to get perms.
$memperms = user_permissions($memprofile['uid']);

Which uses this function:
usergroup_permissions()

Both inside inc/functions.php

Apparently none of it takes into account the display group.

The functions_post.php of course does.

// Get the usergroup
	if($post['userusername'])
	{
		if(!$post['displaygroup'])
		{
			$post['displaygroup'] = $post['usergroup'];
		}		
		$usergroup = $groupscache[$post['displaygroup']];
	}
	else
	{
		$usergroup = $groupscache[1];
	}

Thanks.
We have said time and time again that the display group is not a real group that takes into account real permissions.
Just like setting your display group as banned; you wouldn't want to ban yourself amirite? It's just for the username style.
Right and I was told the "display" group is only effective for "display" which is what I am saying doesn't work.

Now as admin I wouldn't complain about seeing the reputation but the setting says "Show reputations for users in this group?". I have it set NO. Yet it "displays" anyways. It SHOULD override since it's a "display" setting.

I tested this as guest and regular user.

What's the point of creation of a "display" group if the display settings don't override. They do override in the thread...as they are designed to do. My report...is they are not working in PROFILE page.

btw...the "display" group in the profile works with the Group Image, Stars, Users Title, and custom Username Display. So it's only the rep display that I see doesn't work.

Other settings for display that works properly...the "Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page setting.

I have take the time to view every group permission that might be effected by being a "display" group. Seemingly they all work as expected except for this one parameter.

That's a bug.

WHY IS THIS MARKED AS BOGUS?

If anything...alter the setting to be "Show reputations for users in this group on postbit?" because that's the only place it's effected. One would think if the display group was nullified for display you shouldn't be able to leave a rep for that member too.
THE FIX

/member.php

FIND:
	// Fetch the reputation for this user
	if($memperms['usereputationsystem'] == 1 && $mybb->settings['enablereputation'] == 1)

Change to

// Fetch the reputation for this user
	if($displaygroup['usereputationsystem'] == 1 && $mybb->settings['enablereputation'] == 1)

inc/class_core.php

Find:
$displaygroupfields = array("title", "description", "namestyle", "usertitle", "stars", "starimage", "image");

Change to:

$displaygroupfields = array("title", "description", "namestyle", "usertitle", "stars", "starimage", "image","usereputationsystem");

That's it. Please take a look and SQA can hopefully approve this fix.
'Can receive warnings from other users?' is also not affected by Display Group.
In the past I made note of that too but just walked away from the discussion and turned off the feature on my site. This is however a true "display" permission that's not working in profiles. It works in posts though as it's suppose to.

Hopefully I can rally this to be removed from bogus and placed into fixed. So minor but it's frustrating finding a bug to see it marked as bogus. Maybe I write too much in the report and people skim it missing out important information. I have no idea...this isn't the first time either that I have had to fight to have a bug even recognized as one.
Perhaps because it is more of a setting than a display item? That would make the most logic to me.
(2009-06-20, 03:32 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully I can rally this to be removed from bogus and placed into fixed. So minor but it's frustrating finding a bug to see it marked as bogus. Maybe I write too much in the report and people skim it missing out important information. I have no idea...this isn't the first time either that I have had to fight to have a bug even recognized as one.

My apologies, I read it wrong - Just too much to get through these days! :\
Maybe I write too much in the report and people skim it missing out important information

As I suspected. I try to shorten my bug reports but I somehow manage to go on and on.

Sorry about thank you sir for recognizing this bug. Let me know if my fix is good because I committed it to HF. Hopefully no adverse effects will become of it but I can't think of any.
No adverse effects I can think of, anyway. Does this mean if we touch class_core, we can get rid of the extra _SERVER, too?
Pages: 1 2