MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Poke plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Poke plugin
Description: Users can poke each other. Pokes are displayed on forum index and can be deleted by the poked user. Poke link is in profile (contact) but can be used everywhere.
Demo: MybbAddons.com
Version: 2.2
Compatibility: 1.4.x
Adds files: [yes]
Changes files: [no]
Adds templates: [no]
Changes templates: [yes]
Adds to database: [yes]
Changes database: [no]

Screenshots:
[attachment=14380][attachment=14382][attachment=14381][attachment=14379]

Download for subscribers:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-511.html

I'm getting deeper into MyBB plugin system now Big Grin
This plugin does everything by itself, uses is_installed, install, activate, deactivate and uninstall...
Took a long time to figure out how the database querys have to look like...
Somebody should update the wiki with more info Big Grin

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

Changelog:
Version 2.2
- Fixed a small issue with non-SEO-URLs
Version 2.1
- Added settings which usergroups are not allowed to poke members
- Every member can poke another member one time only until the other member deletes the poke
- Added global deactivation settings
nice but not free Smile
You should add that somewhere. I think Mybb Italia has a free one.
It says Download for subscribers...
No idea about the one from MyBB Italia, I just made this one ages ago for one of my sites, Zaiendo.de (Knuddelplugin).
There is a free version at Zaiendo.de available in german but this old version requires manual editing and so on...

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
is there a version of the poke plugin that doesn't cost money? I would happily subscribe to the forum, but I'm subscribed to about seven different sites now just for plugins and stuff and it's starting to cost a pretty penny.
nice plugin money, but as soon as i hear about that hide hack ish im subscribing. willing to pay for that.

EDIT: nvm. i think i found one, http://test.edidesign.ro/thread-279.html
(2009-07-05, 06:29 AM)Psinetic Wrote: [ -> ]is there a version of the poke plugin that doesn't cost money? I would happily subscribe to the forum, but I'm subscribed to about seven different sites now just for plugins and stuff and it's starting to cost a pretty penny.

Yes, the old version of this plugin is still available for free.

Check out Zaiendo.de (german site): Link to thread

Be warned, this plugin will require a lot of manual configuration and will work differently, it does not have all features and might be buggy.

That's the reason why I developped a new one Wink

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
I really liked this plugin, and perhaps I am the first downloader of that Smile
I updated this plugin by the request of a subscriber, this is the changelog for the new versions 2.1 and 2.2 (small bugfix):

Changelog:
Version 2.2
- Fixed a small issue with non-SEO-URLs
Version 2.1
- Added settings which usergroups are not allowed to poke members
- Every member can poke another member one time only until the other member deletes the poke
- Added global deactivation settings

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter