MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help With Editing User Groups.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to add group images to the usergroups in my forum. However, each time I try to do so, I receive a MySQL error (screenshot at the bottom). I tried to resolve this by just disabling the MyShoutbox plugin (it seems to be causing the problem), but that didn't help. I was wondering if I could somehow edit the Manage Usergroups page so the options causing the problem just weren't there? Or, rather, if there's a better way to fix the problem.

I should just make a thread of all my problems xP. I'm having so many atm

The MySQL Error:

[Image: Untitled.png]

I posted this on MyBBSource too, but they said to contact you guys ;D I've also submitted a support ticket to my hosting company.
There's nothing your host can really do about it, just looks like the plugin isn't fully deactivated. Make sure that it is deactivated and uninstalled (if it has an install/uninstall feature) and if it still isn't fixed, you'll have to manually delete the columns from the usergroups table via phpMyAdmin.
It's fully uninstalled. My major problem is that my host doesn't have phpMyAdmin installed (or at least, I can't access it) Otherwise I could have sorted it D:
Oh, that's a bit of a pain then Toungue OK, can you take a database backup of the usergroups table, then fully install and/or activate the plugin, and then fully uninstall and/or deactivate it again. This might remove them, worth a shot.
Ok, thanks. I'll have a go. I just got an email from the hosting company stating they may install phpMyAdmin for me too btw...

Obviously only add it by request.

Ok, now I'm into phpMyAdmin, any idea where to/what to do? I'm a complete noob with it D;
OK, you should see your database in a list on the left of your page, click that. You should then see a big list on the left of all the database tables, click the usergroups one, it's near the bottom. Once you're there, you should see 10 tabs along the top, one of which is called Structure, click that. This is all of the columns in the table, scroll down, and you should find the columns for the shoutbox; they're the last 6 in your screenshot. You should see a tickbox next to these, only select these 6, only the shoutbox ones. Then, you should see a little red X underneath the list of columns. Clicking this will delete them and that should make the error go away.

I can give screenshots if you need them Smile
Thanks man. I'll have a go with that =D

Hm. None of the shoutbox ones are there. Is that possibly the problem?

I had presumed the problem was that it was trying to update values for those fields in the database even though those fields don't exist...

No idea though o.O

Ok, adding the collum can_view_shoutbox has got rid of that error. Goign to do it for every shoutbox one and see what happens...
When the shoutbox was removed it appears it didn't remove the permission setting. Or maybe it just didn't update the cache. I would have to take a look in admincp to find out. You can install a cool plugin from here called minisql which will be like phpmyadmin at least enough to help you a great deal.
Thanks Labrocca =) Already fixed it though ;D