MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Visibility options for single posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've come across this several times so I'm posting it as a suggestion.

Sometimes when posting an answer I'd like to have an option to make my post invisible for non-members of my board. I know that I can set forums to be invisible, but then I have to put an extra post in there and set a link to it in the other forum. I think that takes too much time and effort compared to making just this one post invisible for those who shouldn't see it. For giving out passwords for example.

Easiest solution:
Moderators and up get an additional option (checkbox) "Post only viewable for logged-in users".

Could this be done and do you think it's worth implementing?

Can
I know another forum software has the option of setting individual posts (and entire threads) invisible. Only people with mod priviliges for that forum can see hidden posts and threads.
laie_techie Wrote:I know another forum software has the option of setting individual posts (and entire threads) invisible. Only people with mod priviliges for that forum can see hidden posts and threads.
in this software you can unapprove with a post if you want to mods and admins and supers can view it!
but i think implementing this option for all users is not a good idea! why we need??
you can send forum password via pm! or via mail in admin pannel! or {
i think if a user subscribed a thread and that thread was in a hiden forum , threads name shown in user cp }you can edit hidden subscribed threads!
[quote-imei]you can send forum password via pm! or via mail in admin pannel! [/quote]

But putting a password for a single post isn't available, putting a pass for a forum will not let other members to access to this thread!!

i think unproving is the best option!! but as ur saying NON-MEMBERS , this will hide it from ur members!! so you will have to hide the whole forum, unless someone makes a mod for unapproving / approving with options!

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:[quote-imei]you can send forum password via pm! or via mail in admin pannel!

But putting a password for a single post isn't available, putting a pass for a forum will not let other members to access to this thread!!

i think unproving is the best option!! but as ur saying NON-MEMBERS , this will hide it from ur members!! so you will have to hide the whole forum, unless someone makes a mod for unapproving / approving with options!

regards
[/quote]yes i know that we cant set pass for posts! but i say that forum's password can send to members that we want access them ,via pm or mail or etc...
as yourselfe said we can not unaooroviding posts or topics beacause only mods can view! this way we can easily set mods permission for forum and setting password is not meaningfull
sorry , my EN is poor!
well hey

i think the best we can do for such thing, is a selective Approve/Unapprove mod. where you can whether specify groups or users to see this thread or post.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:well hey

i think the best we can do for such thing, is a selective Approve/Unapprove mod. where you can whether specify groups or users to see this thread or post.

regards
why we dont make a group for users and join them to access forum?
i think it is best.
That's what I don't want.
Imagine the following situation:
You have a thread running for quite some time. There's lots of information in it which is also accesible for non-members so that everyone knows what's going on in your community (online racing). Now you want to have your members informed about say a password (for the upcoming practice). You can send them a pm or an email or put it in another (private) forum and post a link to it in the initial thread, but I think that's way to complicated compared to putting it in a new post and hide this post from outsiders.
Don't you think?

Can