MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of essential plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a list of essential plugins which should be installed with new installation?
imho...Contact Form. For one you don't want spam and for two it's a better and more reliable method for your members to contact you.

I wish it were added to base. I have my own Mybbcentral.com contact form but there are a number of similar releases out there as well.

Other than that particular feature most everything else is imho acceptable as an optional plugin.
For me, it's

Admins can log into Users' accounts
Contact Form
Modnotice
Newsbar
PM on Registration
Welcome Message

Obviously there are others that are essential to my site, but I think these are essential to most people.
I agree, having a contact form is important, if someone needs help and wants it right away, it easy to send an email, instead of clicking contact us and you have to setup your mailing and everything.
PM on Registration- Not essential but a very nice addition to any site. I recommend it.
Redirect users after registration.. there are some plugins for that.
(2009-06-20, 07:14 PM)durakiller Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a list of essential plugins which should be installed with new installation?

It depends on what your forum is about and your personal tastes. Some of the plugins mentioned above are very useful btw, but what is for one useful ain''t for the other Big Grin