MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banned Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didn't know where to start this topic but I wanted to discuss the Banned Emails feature of Mybb.

I have greatly reduced spam imho by add .ru to my banned email list. However I have a lot of emails banned that I think I should share. Some of these are services that allow for temporary emails which will be spammers or low quality members. Some are typos which unfortunately mybb won't catch and the user thinks your email sender doesn't work. Example is "hotmai.com". The member makes a typo and now they can't activate and blame you.

So here is my list:

.ru
myway.com
mt2009.com
mailinator.com
mailinator2.com
sogetthis.com
mailin8r.com
mailinator.net
spamherelots.com
thisisnotmyrealemail.com
spambox.us
temporaryinbox.com
rocketmail
whybored
NoSpam4.Us
NoSpamfor.Us
bugmenot.com
bsnow.net
guerrillamailblock.com
maileater.com
spamcero.com
jetable.com
hotmial.com
hotmai.com
mintemail.com

Oh and the 666 is because lots of evil sites and evil people use it but that's of course your option to ban it.
Enjoy.
That's quite a good list, might I add that you should also ban trashmail.net
But I'm confused about one of them. The rocketmail one. That's an email provided by Yahoo.com, why is that one blocked?

They should have a security forum so you can post this there Toungue
Some of those were unknown to me. Thanks for the share.
Hmm...rocketmail might be from a spammer using it. You don't have to use my complete list.
Better safe than sorry. I admin a very big forum, half mil posts and we have been hit hard by spammers lately.
great list thank you for sharing labrocca
Thanks for the list.

When you enter these in your banned email list, should you use the asterisk? For example, should it be .ru or *.ru?

It says "Note: To indicate a wild card match, use *" and I am not quite sure when to do so.
Rocketmail is yahoo, I got a rocketmail account :p
Psst, labrocca. Sleepy
I have never needed to add the * for it to be a wildcard.
Pages: 1 2