MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: USWxForums.com! Does ANYONE care to give some feedback???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figure now is probably a good time to start getting feedback as i am now past the halfway point of the revamp of my site. And YES this is the first time i have ever listed my site in here for full review.

This is a Weather information and discussion site.

A couple of things about the site. I use a number of themes and have a quick theme plugin installed. So when you go to the homepage ( I am using the portal for that ) check out the various themes as each serves a different purpose for the Portal and thus how weather info is displayed. They are seasonal type themes. Still working on ideas for a general weather page. High/low temps maps and that sort of thing. Unsure if i wana use Hamweather again or do something a bit more custom. And lastly i am planing to add a weather forecasting page which will basically be for meteorologist/forecasters alike to be able to get on the fly weather such as Upper Level winds, Dew Points, Forecast Models, Drought monitor/soil moisture maps, and other stuff related to seasonal forecasting.

Yes i have edited ALL of the themes i use on my site to give it more of a weather feel. I still tinker with it everyday.

Forums Link-->http://www.uswxforums.com/bb/index.php

Homepage Link--->http://www.uswxforums.com/bb/portal.php

The dropdown links on top of the forum as well has added stuff for each seasonal theme besides the usuall like the Arcade.

I am one of those who hates overloaded pages ( those with too many images etc ) and think they are ugly and not to mention typically causes issues for those on slower connections. This is why i have used the portal and themeing system as i have. Plus with the weather you have those more into Severe weather/storm chasing while others are into Hurricanes/Tropical Weather and then ofcourse those into Winter Weather/Snow Storms and such and as you will see we have dedicated themes to each.