MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users must have a certain post amount to send messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I converted to MyBB this week end from smf and so far I am loving it. There are 2 things that I can not find and I hope you will help me.
How can I enable the Portal to be at the root of my forum and how can I make it that the users must have a certain post amount to send messages. I had this at smf and it is the only thing I miss.
(2009-06-21, 02:29 PM)jbroger Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. I converted to MyBB this week end from smf and so far I am loving it. There are 2 things that I can not find and I hope you will help me.
How can I enable the Portal to be at the root of my forum and how can I make it that the users must have a certain post amount to send messages. I had this at smf and it is the only thing I miss.

Hi and welcome to mybb jbroger. Regarding your first question, it can be done by renaming potal.php to index.php and then rename index.php to forums.php. or you can install this plugin which will redirect your users to the portal directly.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/portal-redirect-v110

regarding your second question, I don''t think that such a feature exists as a default but it can be done with a plugin. Atm I am busy but remind me next weekend and I will see what I can do.
Thank you babjusi. I use that mod in combination with your portal tab mod. About that posts to send messages I sent you a message here. Thank you again.
(2009-06-28, 12:11 AM)jbroger Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you babjusi. I use that mod in combination with your portal tab mod. About that posts to send messages I sent you a message here. Thank you again.

No problem jbroger. I received your message and replied as well.
I have created the plugin for jbroger and will submit it here as well and share it with everyone else.

@jbroger, when you got a chance, can you leave a feedback about the plugin, I would really appreciate it.
You could also set a Promotion to promote a user once they hit a certain post count.
(2009-06-29, 04:03 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]I have created the plugin for jbroger and will submit it here as well and share it with everyone else.

@jbroger, when you got a chance, can you leave a feedback about the plugin, I would really appreciate it.

But of course babjusi. That is the least I could do after everything you did for me this past week end. The mod worked great, just like I wanted. Thank you very much. I have 2 more requests though. First of all since I did not pay you for this mod then I guess that you can submit it here for everyone, but please for those 2 other mods that I paid you for, do not submit them here because I paid you good money for them. And my second request is if you can do the same but this time for the signatures. I have a lot of members who just sign up and posts links to their sites in their signatures and do not do anything else in my forum. I will pay you if necessary.
(2009-06-29, 09:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You could also set a Promotion to promote a user once they hit a certain post count.

It is way much easier doing that with a mod than with the Promotion. Because with the mod that babjusi created for me I can enable and disable it whenever I want and I can also increase and decrease the post count anytime.
You are welcome jbroger and thank you as well for your feedback.

Regarding your first request, it is completely and fully understandable. So don''t worry about it, I won''t.

Regarding your second request, yes sure. I have some free time now and I can create such a plugin for signatures. And no, I don''t want you to pay me for it. It is a very easy thing to do, it will take me like 5 minutes to create it and it doesn''t feel right to accept money for such a small thing. However since it will be a free plugin I will submit it here as well btw Wink

Edit: The plugin is released here:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52150.html