MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tales of Austin Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Tales of Austin Forum is a broad and joyful community that focuses on gaming and technology talk. You can talk about other topics in other forums. The forum has just been launched and the design is the most worked on part of it like the rest of the website. The latest buzz in the tech world may be Windows 7 and the iPhone for example. On the other hand in the gaming world, etc. There are many things to talk about in this diverse world and you could be one to take part of these discussions.

Visit!

I would appreciate your reviews and feedback on it. Thank you. Cool
Nice basic theme, good luck with forum Smile Loads of gaming sites out there, so you have loads of competition.

I thought this would be a forum about Austin Powers before I read your post lol Smile
(2009-06-21, 10:00 PM)Cegaiga Wrote: [ -> ]Nice basic theme, good luck with forum Smile Loads of gaming sites out there, so you have loads of competition.

I thought this would be a forum about Austin Powers before I read your post lol Smile

Thank you. It does sound like a website about Austin Powers but it isn't. It seems that I may have competition in the future. At least I have two website topics so I'm a little more prepared.
I would consider a different logo, but overall it looks nice.

Your welcome box looks good. Did you use a plugin or did you add it to one of the templates yourself? If so, which template? welcomeblock_guest?

Good luck. Cool
(2009-06-22, 03:19 AM)Jed K Wrote: [ -> ]I would consider a different logo, but overall it looks nice.

I agree, you need something that's your site not mario Toungue. But, i do like the theme a lot overall.
@Jed K.: Thank you. I added it to the template myself. I put it in the "header" template. I didn't want it in the welcome block as I wanted it in it's own table above the panel. I used the PHP and Template Conditionals plugin: "<if $GLOBALS['mybb']->user['usergroup'] == 1 then>...</if>". Wink

Thank you both. I used the Mario Bros. because I couldn't think of any other games. Well it was better than what I had before, which was just letters. Of some of the other games I thought of, I couldn't find any "good" images. By "good" images, I mean ones where I can shrink them easily to where you can see them and fit into the logo. Any ideas would be cool. Smile

The problem with the logo is that I made it on a transparent alpha png which meant that it had to be placed on a dark BG for the shadows and reflection to look good. I should definitely fix this, but it will make it easier to place it on more than one dark color shade. To be honest, the logos took forever to make (including the lettered part) as I lost some of the PSD files and that when I resized and removed the "background" of the Mario characters, there were jagged white lines around them so I had to add a black border to make it look nice but it wasn't perfect so I had to use the CS4 Pencil, Brush, and eraser and also GIMP. It's a nightmare. I will blame all of this on Mario & Luigi. Sleepy

The theme is nice too, the whole website went through many changes for about three weeks (with breaks of course). I wanted it dark and light as it makes it feel like a gaming website. I might need to add a little touch of technology to it though. Just the Mario Bros. won't suffice.

Also do you guys think I should change the BG gradient to a more dark-bluish tone?
Hey guys, I created a whole new design for my website. I made it look more with a gamers feel and a touch of tech colors. Check it out and let me know what you think! Big Grin