MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can you hide stats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you hide stats from users? I have a problem with post count and do not want to seem unethical. When I merged the board it did something to increase my posts to over 3,000 more than there is. Yes I have done everything under the sun including rebuild and still get the same result. I want to hide the stats for more than one reason anyhow. I do not permit searching members on the forum aside from admins.

Thank you
Which stats are you talking about? A rebuild will actually set the post count to the correct levels, have you checked the mybb_posts table in the database to see how many rows there are?
(2009-06-22, 07:04 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Can you hide stats from users? I have a problem with post count and do not want to seem unethical. When I merged the board it did something to increase my posts to over 3,000 more than there is. Yes I have done everything under the sun including rebuild and still get the same result. I want to hide the stats for more than one reason anyhow. I do not permit searching members on the forum aside from admins.

Thank you

Do you mean something like this? At my tutorial it hides only for guests but it can be adjusted to hide it for all the members as well.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-50892.html
(2009-06-22, 08:05 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Which stats are you talking about? A rebuild will actually set the post count to the correct levels, have you checked the mybb_posts table in the database to see how many rows there are?

hmmmm no I have not checked that just the threads and posts are effected not the members. I even deleted everything re-downloaded all the software... made new databases one for my_bb one database to convert from that is exactly from a current backup from the forum I have up. We are building my forum behind the current one up so that we can keep it going in the building process. I guess I will check the my_bb_posts table and see if it is that. Thank you Tomm M
(2009-06-22, 03:18 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-22, 07:04 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Can you hide stats from users? I have a problem with post count and do not want to seem unethical. When I merged the board it did something to increase my posts to over 3,000 more than there is. Yes I have done everything under the sun including rebuild and still get the same result. I want to hide the stats for more than one reason anyhow. I do not permit searching members on the forum aside from admins.

Thank you

Do you mean something like this? At my tutorial it hides only for guests but it can be adjusted to hide it for all the members as well.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-50892.html

Perfect! Thank you so much babjusi
hi, if you use MyBB 1.4.8 like me, you can simply go to board setting:

ACP -> configuration -> settings ->forums home option ->

disable these settings:
Show Today's Birthdays
Show Who's Online
Show Small Stats Section

this action will hide "board statistic" box on homepage