MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can't log in to administrator account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All

Today i added some people as administrators to my forum and i didnt want them to access the administrator account (control panel) so I changed the settings for the administrators group and now I am not able to login myself !

How do I change the settings back ?? Huh
What settings did you change, exactly?? You didn't remove the ability to access the ACP did you?? Why would you add someone as an admin if you don't want them to access the ACP at all?? Huh
(2009-06-22, 02:12 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What settings did you change, exactly?? You didn't remove the ability to access the ACP did you?? Why would you add someone as an admin if you don't want them to access the ACP at all?? Huh

Thanks Matt for the reply ..
It was a mistake ...
Any way to change the settings back ?
Well, still not sure what you changed, was it the ability to access the ACP??
(2009-06-22, 02:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, still not sure what you changed, was it the ability to access the ACP??

Yes Matt ..
This is what I changed .. the ability to access the ACP by administrators ...
Run this query in phpMyAdmin...

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';

... and then...

TRUNCATE TABLE `mybb_datacache`;

... then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > and rebuild all of the caches.

If you want to limit what people can do in the ACP, go to ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions, not remove ACP access from the whole admin group...
(2009-06-22, 02:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query in phpMyAdmin...

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4';

... and then...

TRUNCATE TABLE `mybb_datacache`;

... then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > and rebuild all of the caches.

If you want to limit what people can do in the ACP, go to ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions, not remove ACP access from the whole admin group...

THANK YOU MATT.. I WILL TRY THAT !