MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I lock or create sticky threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to lock a thread so only admins can post in it, this isn't available in Admin CP or at least I can't find it for threads only for forums.
Also how can I create stickys? Is there a mod for it?

Also: How come my group on these forums hasn't changed? I registered a subscription here on mybboard.net but it only has me under the regular registered group..??
I think by default admins can still post in a closed thread. I could be wrong though.

Just hit the "Stick Thread" option when posting a thread to make it a sticky in that forum. Currently though I don't think there is a way to globally stick a thread in all forums. You can do a global announcement, but no one else can post in that.
(2009-06-22, 05:11 PM)Yoshistr Wrote: [ -> ]Also: How come my group on these forums hasn't changed? I registered a subscription here on mybboard.net but it only has me under the regular registered group..??

Subscription.....?? Huh

For closing threads, you can do it via the forum display, from inside the thread, or when replying to the thread. And, as BMR said, admins can post in closed threads anyway.
I'm trying to make the thread so nobody else except me (admin) can post on it, I believe stickys are still postable by regular users, also closing the thread will make people believe it is actually closed rather than just for viewing.
Yeah, you can post in a sticky thread, and if a thread is closed, I think people who have mod powers in that forum can still post in it, so admins, super mods, and mods with powers in that specific forum.
There is no subscription on this site. :|
(2009-06-22, 06:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]There is no subscription on this site. :|

That's what I thought, slightly confused when I read that bit... Huh