MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] MyBB to MyBB error merging groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Little bug I found when merging an slightly buggy MyBB into a fresh install: When users are imported, their display group is copied in "displaygroup" but not in "additionnalgroups" which just doesn't make sense (if they have a displaygroup, this group must be one of their additionnal groups) There must be something wrong setting "additionnalgroups" ...

Good work!
An additional group is an extra group that you are part of, you don't have to have additional groups, it can be empty...
I admit my English isn't the best, but I thought I was clear enough.

Thanks, I know what additionnal groups are. The thing is they're not imported correctly from a MyBB to another MyBB using latest beta of the Merge System.

And the fact that users get imported with a "displaygroup" value (other than 0) but no "additionnalgroups" proves that.
Why?? I'm not sure what the problem is. If a user is just in one usergroup, that will be their display group, they won't have anything in the additional groups. Are you saying that users have additional usergroups but they're not being converted?? Because you never explicitly said they have additional usergroups... when you first install a forum, your usergroup is 4, your display group is 4, you have no additional usergroups... unless users have additional usergroups and they're not converting, what you're explaining is how is works...
I don't know about the default "usergroup" and "displaygroup" when users are in not additionnal group. From what I could see in the db, either people had "displaygroup" set to 0 (and they were users in no additionnal groups) or they had "displaygroup" set to 8,9,10 or 11 but their "additionnalgroups" value was still empty. With this setting, the user group is correctly displayed on the forums but when they go on their UCP, they're not marked as being part of the group they display. And they can't join either.

I solved the problem by copying non-zero values of "displaygroup" into "additionnalgroups" but there's clearly a problem with the "additionnalgroups" import. I'm fairly sure that if they're part of any other additionnal group than the one they display, it's not imported...

Check for yourself. I'm just trying to help here, I'm not making up bugs! Wink
Right, that makes a bit more sense now, your other posts made it sound like there should be something in the additional usergroups column even if they weren't in any additional groups.

I can reproduce this...

(2009-06-22, 07:45 PM)iryx Wrote: [ -> ]From what I could see in the db, either people had "displaygroup" set to 0 (and they were users in no additionnal groups)

... whether they had additional usergroups or not, the display usergroup is 0 for all of them.

One user also had no additional usergroups converted at all, and their name was also changed from Test1 to Test_mybb_import3 but we'll see if that needs it's own thread or not.
displaygroups and additionalgroups are two separate things.