MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb star rating system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I was wondering if its possible at all to get a rating system that works on EVERY post within a given thread?

For instance, I want to create a contest styled forum where the winner is the one that's voted with the highest amount of votes, in a star system so that it's anonymous. Of course, for that to work, I would have to have a rating system whereby the posts can be compared to one another within the same thread and rated within the same thread but I DON'T want to have the entire thread rated...

There's more to it yet. The person that posted the reply can't vote for the reply that theyve posted...

Is there anyone that could help with this one? Im pretty much a newb when it comes to programming stuff like this!

Thanks a lot.
Another thought i just had with how it could run...
im not sure if this one is particularily kosher or not, but if we could just edit the EXISTING thread rating system with something that could hold IP addresses it would work also.
The idea is that people cant vote on their own thing otherwise that defies the object of them posting.
Also I need the ratings to HIDE after theyve voted...

God this is gettin harder by the second!
I believe MyNetwork will have some functionality similar to this Smile
I dont think that MyNetwork will quite do what im looking for here.
Im basically looking to have a 5 star rating system, similar to AJAX on EVERY POST placed within a set category on the forum. This rating system should allow people to vote but not to see the result of their vote, ie, if 4 people vote, someone should only be able to see what they've voted.
In addition, i need the usernames of those who have voted to be traced back, so those that vote can be traced through. I need this in order to complete a writing contest form of site, where everyone votes on one anothers pieces of work, but the results of this need to be hidden from the members until a designated results day.
I need the accounts to be traced as I need to make sure no tomfoolery or cheating goes on.

Looking at MyNetwork, it's not QUITE what im after...