MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release for mybb1.4*] Custom Tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-06-23, 01:45 PM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea, but I don't think anyone that needs multiple menu links would find this useful. You need to develop a plugin that can add multiple menu links instead of just one.

True that. It can be easily done, thanks for the idea. As soon as I have some free time I will expand this plugin into a multiple links one.
But above I meant that if someone had put a link and then later wanted to change that same link again.
The download package added under the first post.
(2009-06-23, 01:45 PM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea, but I don't think anyone that needs multiple menu links would find this useful. You need to develop a plugin that can add multiple menu links instead of just one.

This is an excellent idea. I could use such a mod. Thank you for this mod babjusi.
You are most welcome jbroger.
(2009-06-23, 01:29 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, but I think it would come in handy even to experienced users. Say for ex, that you put the link to your home page and then after a while you want to change it to something else. You can do so from the comfort of your Acp without changing the code manually all the time.

Hmm, it doesn't really matter to me if I go to Admin CP -> Plugin tab and change URL there or if I go to Admin CP -> Themes tab and change my link there...

If I do it manually I can use my custom menu, I won't have to upload aditional files and will have less entrys in my plugin and settings list...

Not usefull for me but anyway... maybe someone will have use for this so good work Wink
babjusi

I am a new MyBB user after a conversion from phpBB3. I find this so much simpler to work in the ACP and mod updates simple.

I was in need of a link to go from our forum to the home web page so this mod was perfect for that. I have it all working in ACP but it's not showing the image on the nav bar. I have it activated, chose yes, added name and link. (Well done on the doc, even a newbe like me can figure it out.) Screen shots did help.

I am running 1.4.10 with template/theme clean_cut_blue. I do have the same issue as was reported on your mod postinghttp://mods.mybboard.net/view/custom-tab

"Thank you, I have installed this on MyBB v1.4.8 and it seems this only works on the Default Template. It doesnt show up on the Afresh Chocolate Template. I have not tried it on any other template as I didnt install any other ones yet.

Written By: No14u, 28th August 2009"

Is there any fix to make this work?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Vandivier
www.waarci.org

(2009-06-22, 09:42 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Download Link

It will add a new custom tab with a label and URL of your choosing at the navigation bar.

You can enable and disable the mod at the acp of your forum-Settings-Custom Tab. There you can also enter the text that you want to appear at the Navigation Bar and the url of your choosing. Personally I add the Forum Rules but you can add a tab to redirect to your homepage or anywhere else you want. It can be either an extern or intern url.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

How to install the mod:

Log in to your ftp program and copy the customtab.php file in: /inc/plugins folder. Then the custom.gif image to the /toplinks/ folder in the /images/ directory.

And as last but not least, activate the plug in from the Acp of your forum-Configuration-Plugins. If you don''t like the icon image provided, then you can replace it with your own.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Alternatively, you can download the below attached package as well.
@lvandivier, for the image to reappear, you must upload it at the images directory of your custom theme.
(2009-12-06, 03:13 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]@lvandivier, for the image to reappear, you must upload it at the images directory of your custom theme.

babjusi

Thank you for your quick reply. I am at work right now but will move it when I get home. I know it will work since it did in the Default Theme.

I had made a mistake on the theme I was using. Was Afresh Midnight, was coming to make that change to my post and saw your answer.

Thanks for the quick help. I will check out you other mods. You do great work Smile

Larry
You are most welcome, glad to have been of help. And thank you for your feedback and kind words, it is much appreciated. Smile
Pages: 1 2