MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thinking about selling one of my sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've not decided for sure about whether or not I am going to sell, but just thought I'd post a thread to gauge interest.

I'm thinking about selling one of my sites as I am no longer interested in it and I don't really want to keep running it but don't want to just delete it.

Site stats: approx 20,000 users, 1,500,000 threads, and 6,000,000 posts.

I've not checked the stats I'm just going off memory so they could be wrong but I don't think I am far out.

I would be including all the custom coding that has gone into the site, the vBulletin license (it's a Chinese license used for it but I can swap things around to an English license if needed), the style and everything else. Hosting would not be included and the site does require a decent dedicated server to run properly.

The URL of the site is www.worldnewszone.com and I would include the domains too (both the .com and .co.uk varients)

I've not worked out how much I would be looking for it yet.

Before I actually decide if I am going to sell or not, I want to know if there would be any interest in it. So if you would be interested, please reply then I can sit down and work out all the details properly to set a price for it.

Cheers Smile
[edit] I was out on the stats. It's just over 7,000 members and 1,700,000 threads.
The site isn't worth much if anything at all since all of the posts are from bots using RSS feeds and the posting template they are using is horrible and would prevent users from actually joining and posting. So you'd pretty much be selling a vBulletin license with 2 domain names.

About 90% of your top 270 users are bots, of those 90% they make up 99% of your content.
Not to mention that it runs vb too Toungue
So there is no interest then. Thats all I wanted to know. I wasn't asking for reviews or anything - I know what the good and bad aspects of my site are.
(2009-06-24, 07:04 PM)MHryano Wrote: [ -> ]So there is no interest then. Thats all I wanted to know. I wasn't asking for reviews or anything - I know what the good and bad aspects of my site are.

It is still early to say that there are not interests. I mean, you started this thread, what, today? Give it some time, you never know.
PM me traffic and income stats.
I've not pulled any stats yet, but it hasn't been optimized much at all for income and has a lot of potential.

Those are the things that I'm going to be pulling off in the next couple of days to work out a rough idea of what I would be looking at getting for it.
Check with www.crowdgather.com, they buy a lot of forums